a chronicle of life, trials, tribulations and life in these hectic days......

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Overly Busy

Well since the kennel has opened we are overly busy. It's rare that we get any time to do much of anything except for the ENDLESS CHORES around both the house and kennel. I'm sure it's because we are not particularly well organized. We have begun a campaign of ORDERLINESS. We'll just have to see if we can pull it off. The problems as I see them

1. We have have just too much stuff. I mean our stuff has stuff. We need to get rid of anything we haven't touched/used/looked at for the last 6 months or so.....
2. We are not organized. We have no real routinue. We get things done as they need to be instead of having A PLAN
3.We spread ourselves too thin. In stead of trying to concentrate on the things that need to get done we keep taking on more. I'm not sure that this one is going to get much better. Most of the extras that we do are animal rescue related and I cannot in good consience let animal die or otherwise be neglected just because it's inconvienent.
4. Dollys' mom needs increasing amounts of care. the poor dear has failing hearing, eyesight, increased confusion (which way is the bathroom, bedroom etc). The cancer and her failing heart don't leave her with much energy and it's very sad to see her continue to decline and of course she gets whatever level of care that she needs. Another one that we cannot change.


So, I have taken the following steps to see if we can get some of ths under control.

1. I have purchased a Palm Pilot to try to get organized, put all the obligations on it and get through the list each and every day
2. Try to taclke each room at a time, Go through it and decide whether we REALLY cannot live without this or that.
3. Try to get things done earlier in the day to hopefully free up a little time to breathe.


One other annoying thing is that because we live in the country I cannot get broadband. I have to live in the land of dialup. it'snot so bad for just reading the mail and reading newspaers and such. When it comes to uploading pictures and stuff it SUCKS. I can get one or two pictures up on flickr before it gives me the message "you are not connected". Crap! I am connected, it's just dead SLOW. I have looked at the satillite service but it is still quite expensive. I am looking at Wildblue, a new sat internet but again it's like $500-$600 to get connected (equipment purcheses etc) and then $50 or so month. Hard to justify that kind of expense. Oh well, I'm just livinlife...............

No comments: