a chronicle of life, trials, tribulations and life in these hectic days......

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Birthdays and stuff

The 26th was my bros' b'day. Went over to his place and ate paella and watched everyone get drunk. A most humerous evening. It's interesting being the only non-drinker at these events,I'm the one that remembers everything....much to others consternation (haha). This weekend we celebrate my mas' b'day. We're going to Tims' Thai, mmmm, much good food and they let you BYOB so all is cool.

We will be in the yellow pages come October, full color ad and listings in two places!. Even though we are doing better than I expected at this point it is time to go the next level. Since this book comes out in October we'll be in the book for the holiday season! I hope we are so busy that we have to turn people away! Wouldn't that be nice!! Not the turning people away, the being busy natch.

Also we have taken in a charity case for the animal pound. A little Jack Russell that was involved in a domestic violence case. The woman has had to flee into hiding and was unable to take her dog. After being in the pound for the last 3 months Bob has asked whether we can board her for a while until this all settles down. I had always wanted to do this since I read about cases where the animals were left behind and killed/tourtured since the wife and kids weren't there. I'm glad to be able to help. It has it's own rewards.

Carolyn and the girls went home. It's much quieter and and a little lonely without them. However, they did take several new household members with them. The two kittens that had been abandoned and a german shepard mix from the local pounds New Hope list. Basically it is a last chance list. The animal is due to to euthanized (read as killed, after all that is what it is, euthanized my ass, I hate sanitized expressions). Anyway, I digress, the animals are available for $10! Neutered, shots etc. A great deal, we have two for the kennel, a dog and a cat.

Well gotta go back to work so, till later.....

No comments: