a chronicle of life, trials, tribulations and life in these hectic days......

Thursday, June 02, 2005

Movin' Along

OK, ordered a shitload of stuff from Lowes' to (hopefully) finsh this kenel up. Tile, water filter system, wood blah, blah blah, got 10% off, 12 months no interest and no payments AND free delivery. I LOOVE dealin'. Scheduled time off, 13th and 14th of this month and the entire week of July 4th. Whoohoo! Most of it will be working in the kennel. Tiling the entrance/lobby and building the kitchen. Can't wait until we open. It's a grand adventure. Now hopefully it will pay off. Everyone says "you'll do great, lots of people need this service" well, we'll see. It would be nice to get to be independent and work for ourselves. My new motto is "Get off the grid". I would love to be unconnected form the power co, phone co and have all my stuff be satellite or wireless. A little dream of mine. I read about this family in the mountains out west somewhere that has done this. It was really pretty cool.

I am pretty fortunate that my boss is a realist. I am getting to wonder about the futility of my job but having some one that understands that all this is a stupid game amkes it a little easier to swallow. I mean who's going to remember that I managed to accomplish this or that in 2 years? It's all numbers and all bullshit anyway. Boy am I getting cynical in my old age! Thats what growing up is all about, being able to (hopefully) separate the bullshit in life from what's really important.In retrospect, there is little that is really important in life, most of it IS bullshit. What is important are your family and living life in a way that is personally satifying (god, my spelling is horrible). The rest can go to hell. Well with that cheerful note I will spend the next 6 1/2 hours pissing my life away here at work.

One other thing. I have been watching my counter to see if anyone is looking and apparently someone is. Please leave a little comment once in a while. Thanks!!!!!

No comments: