a chronicle of life, trials, tribulations and life in these hectic days......

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Midvacation

It's wednesday, half-way through my vacation. It's supposed to be 95 degrees. The weather channels web site just shows an orange box and the word hot. So, we'll escape to the movies, I have wanted to see War of the Worlds since I saw it was coming out. I just love that apocalyptic end-of-the-world kind of stuff. I like this story since I first read it as a kid. We've sort of been working at the kennel and other chores during the day and playing at night. It's been nice...

The kennel is doing as well as I could expect for a new business. Dolly groomed her first dog on Monday (a boarder) and so it goes, Slowly but surely we are getting the business. It is really exciting to watch it happen. I can see that we will be getting busier as time goes along. I mean we only had the one ad for the 3 days and no follow up advertising. We should really see the inpact when the new phone book comes out and we are in the listings. I guess we'll need to fork over the cash to yellow pages.......They are effective.

No comments: