a chronicle of life, trials, tribulations and life in these hectic days......

Monday, May 30, 2005

Memorial Day

Well, it dawns, Memorial Day. Being a student of history and a wargamer I think that this day gets overlooked by most people other than as a "day off of work, with pay". I think of all the people that have died over the years for the causes they believe in. You think about the sacrifices of men such as the Greeks that held the Persians back at Thermopoleye, the men that died during the charge of the Light Brigade in Gallipolli in WWI, all the wounded and maimed soldiers that gave everything for what they believed in. Our thoughts and our prayers for all soldiers, everywhere. God bless them all and keep them from harm.

A nice visit from Maria and the gks' (grandkids). Barbequed (of course) Maria helped by washing and waxing some of the new floors in the kennel. I finished the tile in the bathroom. Looks good if I don't mind saying myself. The kids, Dominic (4) and Rachel (2) are little darlins' and its nice to have the sound of little feet POUNDING through the house, animals running for cover and general pandemonium. Also managed to get over to Andrews' and get a little gaming in. A new game based on a system we have seen before on the First WW. Very good. Well, I hear the sound of little feet so I guess I'd better go......

No comments: