a chronicle of life, trials, tribulations and life in these hectic days......

Tuesday, April 19, 2005

What a shame

One of the blogs that I frequently checked in on has gone bust. Or at least that's how it appears. I originally found it through www.ikeepadiary. I suppose it appeals to my voyueristic side. I guess we all have one. I'm not sure why I enjoyed Brian and Merediths' blogs so much. I suppose it reminds me of my younger days (I'm now((holy crap!!)) almost 50!!). Back in the old days (no laughter now) things were simpler. It seemed that parents and family would be there forever, friends were truer, live was just simpler. We all partied, partied, partied until the sun came up, or down or up again. It was an exciting time in my life. Things were new, new music, new drugs (waa-hoo!!) new experiences (most of which I remember). Life seemed to be full of boundless promise for fufillment. I'm going to sound negative here for while but please don't get the wrong idea. The trip through life to this point made me who I am and I am happy with myself and satisfied (very) with my life now. I have a beautiful, loving wife, a house that I love and my life is full beyond my wildest dreams. Building a business, improving the homestead (continually) getting those things that I want to make me more comfortable. There was a time when I lost track of where I was going. I don't want to go into too many details because I am still angry with myself for the BAD choices that I have made in the past. But the short list, too much alchohol, marriage (mercifully short) to a manipulative, sneaky, double dealing, lying cheating... well, you get the idea. It took me a long time to get over that and the financial and emotional and interpersonal damage that was done during that time. I survived and am a better person for it. It was hard though and during that time I rediscovered religion. Now don't turn your head. I am not one of those bible-beating, chest thumping born again Christians. I just found that by reconnecting I found some firm ground in a belief system that I was comfortable with. It has a place in my life. I lost my Dad, that was hard. For all the difficulties that we had, I have to say that he was ALWAYS, UNFAILINGLY there for me. You can't ask more of a father. Sometimes I really miss him. Sometimes being grown and responsible sucks. Well, for all my talk about not being too negative I sure did tramp down some painful memory paths.Oh well, I guess enough of this and I better get back to work......Thanks for listening....

No comments: